Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Halfway to HELL

I thought a lot about something to title this. I think it is appropriate.
I ran a half marathon with my sisters last weekend in St. George. I didn't really train as well as I should have because of the fab vacation we took, and I just started my new job. (I do PSR, google it). So I was a little more than nervous, had all the physical symptoms of it too. But I did it, and thank the sweet shimmering heavens that my sisters were there to cheer me on. Amber ran it right next to me, and talked to me the whole time. Just a nice stroll through the rain...(oh yeah, it was raining the WHOLE time) and I got to stare at Rachel's cute legs and the bottom of her pink shoes for a couple miles, then she was gone. You go girl. This is what I felt like when I finished:






I was hungry. At like mile 9 I remember thinking, I hope they have some good stuff at the finish line. I think I even asked Amber what we were having for dinner. So when I saw Texas Roadhouse rolls, I was STOKED.

The day before the race we took the girls to one of the trampoline gyms- like a warehouse with trampolines everywhere. so fun:








 It was a great trip. I might do it again. Thanks seeesers for running with me, or making me run... whichever.

5 comments:

  1. ha ha, love each and every one of these. some notes:

    1. for some reason, this is amber's batch because she looks exceptional (exceptionally retarded?) in each.

    2. the last two race photos show amber in a fantastic light. in the second to last one, she is trying to woo an innocent child with her schnazzy smile, molester wave, and gatorade. in the last, she is slightly bent over, wondering if the fart she's about to push will end up a shart instead.

    3. the first trampoline picture, amber decided she needed to direct traffic.

    4. in the third trampoline picture, amber decided to try and see if, with extreme will and perseverance, her knees could hit her forehead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. Real clever Rae. I wouldn't get too comfy over there though. I have a whole smorgasbord of "great" photos of you, ready to be UNLEASHED.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could never do that. I give all of you serious props. That's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HEY! i live in st. george. when i woke up, i felt bad for all those people running that race in the rain. I haven't ever been to the trampoline gym. Im going to have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you gurl! I couldn't run a marathon if I was on rollerblades and someone was pulling me. And yes the title of your post fits perfectly. I envision hell being a bunch of people running marathons.

    ReplyDelete